Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary: Up to £42,053
wmjobs.co.uk is one of the largest public sector jobs boards in the country and we have ambitions to expand further. We are embarking on a new chapter, one which will see the public sector being more commercially focused, competitive, efficient and innovative.
Supported by 31 local government partners wmjobs.co.uk leads the way in the public sector in terms of innovation, and collaboration. Our success so far means we are being even more ambitious and to achieve these goals we must grow our team of experts with talented, passionate and committed individuals who will be as excited by the future, as we are.
We need a creative and dynamic individual to take our vision for the WMJobs brand and make it happen!
You will increase our presence in a highly competitive market, our partners will look to you to support them in transforming the way they attract talent into the public sector.
This role promises plenty of freedom to really put your stamp on driving the future of WMJobs as you’ll have overall accountability for building the WMJobs brand.
If this excites you then please read more.
Head of Resourcing
In summary West Midlands Employers (WME) is the Regional Employers Organisation offering a range of services aimed at local councils and the wider public sector to support performance improvement at both an individual and organisational level. We are all about ‘people and leadership solutions’ helping the public sector make the best use of their greatest resource – their people.
You’ll know all you need to WME from our website www.wmemployers.org.uk in terms of what we do and how we are funded.
Who we are
You will also be working closely with and managing Illesse Uppal, our in-house apprentice (newly appointed WMJobs Marketing Advisor), who came up with, designed and developed our Apprentice Hub website. A site by apprentices, about apprenticeships!
To see first-hand the work she has delivered why not visit the site – http://apprenticehub.org Illesse is also managing the apprentice twitter account, (@ApprenticeWMJ) with some impressive results, here are her latest tweets!
Where we work!
Our offices may be based in Sandwell but don’t think that’s where you will always be! You will often find yourself in any one part of the wonderful West Midlands as we have such a diverse range of clients across the region (and beyond so we hope you like to travel!).
WME hold numerous conferences and events so you will find yourself working in our most popular venues The ICC, Aston Villa Football Club and Birmingham Library.
The story so far
So what’s next for wmjobs.co.uk?
We have very ambitious plans focused upon continued growth of the jobs board. The partnership is keen to drive a more commercially focused service, attracting a wider audience both from a candidate and recruiter perspective. The partnership has set out it objectives:
- Be the hub of regional and local campaigns
- Be the first point to go to when searching for a public sector role in the West Midlands
- Be the first point to go to when advertising a public sector role in the West Midlands
- To widen the net of public sector users from Local government to academies and education providers, NHS and third sector (what we like to call the friends and family of local authorities)
- To be known, with credibility, nationally
- To be a major competitor within the Public sector jobs board market place within West Midlands.
- To increase income in order to reinvest
To deliver to these objectives the wmjobs.co.uk team will be working on a series of high profile projects, some of which include;
- Launching a new jobs board website
- Procuring a new e-recruitment system
- Developing and implementing a digital marketing strategy to increase the number of users of the site and ultimately the number of good quality applications received
- Increasing the number of public sector recruiters using the jobs board as their jobs board of preference
- Launching sector specific campaigns, expanding upon our portfolio of resourcing services including Executive Recruitment Search and Selection
Passionate, creative and innovative that’s you down to a T, right? Well this fabulous opportunity should be just what you are looking for. As our Marketing and Communications lead for wmjobs.co.uk you’ll have bright ideas and you’ll not be afraid to use them. You will understand the ambition of wmjobs.co.uk and use your marketing talents to deliver them.
Your experience to date will speak volumes about the passion you have for growing a business. You will be able to create and deliver a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that will be engaging and inspired but most importantly will increase the users of the wmjobs.co.uk site. To be successful in this role you will bring a commercial flair alongside a deep understanding and appreciation of working with public sector clients. You may also have some experience of working within recruitment although this is not essential. You will be a key lead within a small and dynamic team and as such will have significant responsibility for setting and achieving the wmjobs.co.uk business objectives.
- Developing the marketing strategy aiming to increase the market share of wmjobs.co.uk.
- Developing sales packages for wmjobs.co.uk and generate income streams, meeting targets agree with the head of service.
- Acting as an ambassador for the wmjobs.co.uk site nationally, promoting the site as the number one public sector recruitment jobsboard in the UK.
- Leading the growth of the online social media presence of the wmjobs partnership.
- Engaging proactively with partner organisations to help them promote and maximise their use of the wider resourcing system.
- Acting independently to identify areas for wmjobs campaigns and work to engage clients in these and where appropriate secure external funding sources for them.
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of public sector recruitment trends, engaging with competitor providers and seeking to position wmjobs as a market leading recruitment service.
- Leading the marketing and promotion of WME Executive Recruitment campaigns to ensure they are cutting edge and attractive to executive candidates.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to clients on employer branding and how to maximise use of the wmjobs.co.uk site.
As WME is supported and funded by regional Local Authorities, the organisation is ‘hosted’ by Staffordshire County Council. This means that the teams at WME are employed by Staffordshire County Council. So whilst WME work at arms length to Staffordshire County Council, this means that WME employees benefit from the same terms and conditions as Staffordshire County Council employees.
Working for WME you can expect significant competitive benefits
Your Application and the Selection process
To apply click on the ‘APPLY HERE’ image and simply send us your CV and a 2 sided cover note as to how your experience relates to the job in hand.
Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 9th February 2016
We’d recommend submitting your application as soon as possible as we’ll be shortlisting as applications are submitted and may close the vacancy ahead of the above closing date.
Interview Dates: TBC
If you are shortlisted you will be asked to complete a short Psychometric questionnaire and prepare a presentation to give at the interview. If this is the case you will be given the presentation title in advance for your preparation.
Interviews will be conducted with a panel of 2-3 people.
If you would like to have an informal chat about your application please e-mail email@example.com to arrange a brief discussion.